Pages

Google Analytics

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello Blogosphere - Who I am & Why I'm Here

Short BIO
My name is Brian Davis and I've been in the IT field for almost 15 years.  I started as a developer working with FoxPro 2.6 for DOS/VFP 6/VB6, moving up through VFP7/8/9.  In 2003 the company I worked for asked me if I'd be interested in doing double duty as a developer and DBA.  I said yes and started working with SQL Server 2000 and never looked back.  Since then I've changed companies and became a full time database analyst.  I'm currently one of a handful of DBA's responsible for maintaining servers running everything from SQL 2000 to 2008R2.  I've also become involved with the SQL User Group here in Cleveland, OH.

Why Blog?
After being inspired by many people in the SQL Server community I've decided to start writing my own blog.  I've found more helpful tips and tricks than I can remember from blogs written by generous members of the SQL community.  My hope is that by blogging about my own experiences that I will be able to give something back to community that has helped me so much.

What to Expect Here?
My plan is to post about my experiences with SQL Server.  The pitfalls I encounter and the lessons I learn, along with any scripts/code that I've created or found useful.  I've already got a few blog posts lined up and will be working on them in the days and weeks ahead.  Along with that I've also been working on a plug-in for SSMS that I am planning to release.

Thank You!
Finally, I want to say thank you to the SQL community for all the support and information you've shared with me.  Without the community I wouldn't be where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment